GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A quick rundown on the truck -

The front was raised with a 6.5" Full Throttle lift, GM's "green keys" and the torsion bars were cranked up to get a total front lift of about 8.5" The rear was lifted with a set of 4" Deaver springs and a 2.5" block. 37x13.5/17 ProComp Xterrain tires are wrapped around 17x8.5" Weld Evo Renegade XT wheels. A set of Westin step bars make it easier to get in, a PIAA airdam has a set of their 40 series driving lights and Stage I HID low beams annoy drivers coming towards me :)

Performance mods include a Volant induction, ported throttlebody, Poweraid throttlebody spacer, The Other Guys mid-length headers, Direct Hits Ignition. Comp Cam, Flex-a-lite electric fans and Westers'custom programming. A set of 4.56 gears will be going in next week and I'll either be going with a Paxton supercharger or set of the upcoming 8.1 aluminum heads with an upgraded intake.

The Xterrain tires have a noticeable difference in the ride compared to the Nittos that they replaced. Not bad, but I can feel the thread blocks at slow speeds. They also make a little noise but it's something that I can live with.

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - 8" Full Throttle lift, 37" tires, Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction plus more!
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOG headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

Lifted trucks need performance mods too - www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:rocking:
Your truck could make those 37's look small :ninja:
:anitoof:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Did you have any luck selling those 35" Nittos?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

The Nittos are still avaialble. I'd like to sell them along with the wheels as a package.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
i hated the thread blocks on my x-terrains as well when i came to a stop the truck shook like no other, the truck looks killer i love green and bling

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tom, What are the measurements at the fender front and back?

Is the rear actually 2.5" lower?

It looks great, but id only change one thing: Make mine a crew cab & a 6.6L :rocking:

·
Registered
167 Posts
BigBubbaBD said:
Your truck could make those 37's look small
It does...I'm thinking you need to go bigger or uncrank the bars or remove the keys.

Henry said:
It looks great, but id only change one thing: Make mine a crew cab & a 6.6L
Yup! Atleast he already has the long bed :head:

·
Fuckin whore
60 Posts
lookin good.....you'll have to let us know how those tires perform off road....

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tom, What are the measurements at the fender front and back?
The front is at 50" and the rear is just a hair over 49.5". I haven't worked the suspension to much but they haven't rubbed on the street.

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - 8" Full Throttle lift, 37" tires, Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction plus more!
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOG headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll never own a short bed truck again. While they are probably more practical for every day around the town stuff and a shorter wheel base is better for wheeling there are too many times I've needed a long bed. I kick myself everyday for not buying a long bed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
y2kboti said:
I'll never own a short bed truck again. While they are probably more practical for every day around the town stuff and a shorter wheel base is better for wheeling there are too many times I've needed a long bed. I kick myself everyday for not buying a long bed.
Give me some examples?

When i bought my truck (shortbed), my grandfather was saying that i should have bought a long bed.

1. I dont like the look ( actually, i cant stand it :) )
2. How much more do you pay for, what is it...18 more inches?
3. Theres never been anything i couldnt do with my short bed that only a long bed would have done.

But i guess its worth it for some people.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Henry said:
Give me some examples?
When we go on 3 and 4 week vacations(and we go all over) I'm not able to throw the Waverunner in the bed and fit the generator. Turn radius w/ a fifth wheel is decreased unless you spend the extra money on a slider hitch and then they are harder to remove when not using them. Can't fit as much hay in the bed, etc. These are all things that have caused a problem having a shortbed. Granted I can't pull my fifth wheel now because of the lift but thats why a new truck is in the works. I was planning on an '04 but the '05s are coming w/ a stronger Allison and some extra features so I may hold out until October or November. Price difference isn't an issue when you're already spending $30k or $40k.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
well heck if i bought a new truck i wouldn't by a stepside, its even smaller than both the short bed and the long bed and its made of plastic. You guys have it made!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went with the long bed for function but I usually don't use the additional space back there much. Trash runs or a trip to Home Depot is about it but the 2' is there if I need it :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts