GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A deer hit my driver side door (before i bought it), and the whole door was replaced. They went ahead and removed the pinstriping from the side where the new door was put on but failed to do it on the other side. I want to even it up and take the passenger side striping off. What is a good way to remove this?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I just pulled mine off on a hot day and then cleaned up the residue left behind with some WD40 and a cotton cloth. After that i rewaxed the truck. I think it looks alot better without the stripe for sure. good luck!

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
A hair dryer helps but dont get it too hot. I did on my lower moldings and have a nice dent to prove it. :bowtie:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a dent? from a hair dryer? i guess ill keep that in mind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Goto Wal-mart goto the automotive section where they keep teh touch up paints and fiberglass resin and crap. Theres some stuff in a spray paint can its 3M wax and adhisive remover get that stuff it works good. just spray it on the pinstripe let it soak for a min it or so then spray it agian then take a plastic razor blade and it will come off good and go over it after its off to make sure you get the glue crap off. Now if the pin stripe is cleared your have to sand it out then repaint it or blend it in.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts