GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio 2

Does anyone here have pictures of this in your ride and information on this radio in your Silverado? I just took at glance at crutchfields website for what fits my vehicle and this says it doesn't. I think because its no longer available that they can't say whether it fits or doesn't. I purchased from my brother in law and have to buy an install kit. Was going to try and find it so I can purchase that also. Any help is appreciated.

I see others using the AppRadio 3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This should fit. The issue with GM full size trucks is that there is a brace in the radio mounting cavity that limits the depth of the head unit that can be installed. The AppRadio should not be as deep as a unit with a DVD or CD player. I could not find any data on depth of AppRadio but I expect it will fit using either of the commonly available double DIN install kits from Metra or Scosche. If the dash brace is in your way, it can be cut easily with a hacksaw blade. A lot of installers do this to fit deeper head units in GMFS trucks. It will not cause problems with your dashboard if you cut it. Depending on the year of your Silverado, you may have to purchase a wiring interface adapter to install any aftermarket head unit. On my 2004, I had to purchase one so that the warning chimes for door open etc. will still be audible. My factory setup plays these sounds through the speakers. The adapter you need depends on year of your truck and what system is installed now. If you have OnStar or Bose system, the adapter is more expensive than if you have the base audio system. Look on this web site to get an idea of what you need:

www.installer.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the app radio too I had to do some trimming behind it for it to go all the way in but I will post some pics later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts