1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my friend has the unit... i installed it in his hoe. Its a good unit, but the touch screen is annoying. Its even more annoying if you don't overide the parking break lock out. But i will never understand why they put a detachable face on a indash monitor. Silly pioneer. Oh and it takes awhile to check what kindof disk it is. My friends has the 7 inch with the nav, its pretty cool. The 7inch has alot more features on it though.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hahah its a good unit, i'd look at somesones first though... I personally hate any touch screen, doesn't matter if its eclipse, pioneer or alpine. If you really want to see it, i can get my "friend" to drive out there... lol hes kindof a tool, and he spends alot of time in glendale, no one from around here likes him anyways.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
hahah its a good unit, i'd look at somesones first though... I personally hate any touch screen, doesn't matter if its eclipse, pioneer or alpine. If you really want to see it, i can get my "friend" to drive out there... lol hes kindof a tool, and he spends alot of time in glendale, no one from around here likes him anyways.
Does he hang out at the Galleria? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lmfao, na you don't gotta do that for me.. thats fucked up! lol :LOL:

Actually, now that I saw this picture I know someone who has this screen... and I remember we were playing around with it when he first got it and it was confusing...
77401213AVH-P6600DVD_open%20v2.jpg

Will, why dont you like touch screens? I dont see any point of making non-touch screens.. why waste all that space? :crazy: What kind do you have?

·
Registered
716 Posts
yoskater said:
why dont you like touch screens? I dont see any point of making non-touch screens.. why waste all that space? :crazy: What kind do you have?
When you touch the screen for what ever reason the screen it self moves back a bit. Doing this often may lead to stripping a gear in the motor; no more open/close.

Its just preference I guess. Mine isnt a touch screen and I dont think I would want one cuz I sit w/ the back rest all the way back so I wouldnt be able to reach the screen while driving anyways. I just use the remote.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
my kenwood Touch Screen was pimp. I loved the touch screen.... But In dash DVD head units cost far too much $$$.

I sold my Kenwood and got smart.

I bought the Pioneer DVH-5000 ... it plays anything you put into it, DVD, CDRW, MP3, windows media, etc. It has a few inputs and outputs for both audio and video.

Plus you can get a monitor any size to go anwhere you want to put it and hook it directly to the HU.

You'll save alot of $$$ and you'll be happier if you go this route, just my $.02

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yoskater said:
Will, why dont you like touch screens? I dont see any point of making non-touch screens.. why waste all that space? :crazy: What kind do you have?
i don't like touch screens b/c the picture quality is always horrible. And for some reason they can't get the anti glare stuff right. And usually they try to incorporate too much into the touch screen interface.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the bump Memo, lol. I too would use the remote 99% of the time but I wanted to know your reasons for not liking touch screens.. besides the fact you don't got one! :crazy:

yeah the shit is expensive, but with the thousands of dvds/videos/music videos/mp3s and shit I have on my computer, plus my dvd-rw I was thinking it might be worth it.. but I still don't know.

It's gonna come down to if I can get a better deal on this or the Pioneer premier MP90. Thanks for the replies guys :shake:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
haha i've spent more money on my system than anything else on my truck... if i wanted a touch screen, i would have had one a year ago:read:

i have an eclipse indash monitor... 8Volt pre outs baby :rocking:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
sierraon22s said:
:think: I thought u got sponsored by Al & Eds
they still made me pay cost... and they threw in labor for free too :rocking:

·
Registered
413 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i don't like touch screens b/c the picture quality is always horrible. And for some reason they can't get the anti glare stuff right. And usually they try to incorporate too much into the touch screen interface.
will, the picture quality on my clarion touchscreen is just as good as your eclipse, AND yours gets way more glare than mine. also, i dont agree with you on them incorporating too much into the touch screen interface, i can do most of the functions without touching the screen. only time i need to touch the screen is when i need to change the sound settings, change the wallpaper, or set the time.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
jgood2709 said:
will, the picture quality on my clarion touchscreen is just as good as your eclipse, AND yours gets way more glare than mine. also, i dont agree with you on them incorporating too much into the touch screen interface, i can do most of the functions without touching the screen. only time i need to touch the screen is when i need to change the sound settings, change the wallpaper, or set the time.
you've never watched a movie in my truck...:think: My screen doesn't have the red background that urs has. And i'm comparing mine to hrants :read: I haven't seen a movie in ur truck either

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I am looking for is a nice indash with an external LCD screen too.. (I typed this last night but musta forgot to send it.. :LOL: :drunk: )

Anything like that exist? Nice external screen too?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
external screen? like a cell phone? I think sony made one... but its sony.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
yoskater said:
What I am looking for is a nice indash with an external LCD screen too.. (I typed this last night but musta forgot to send it.. :LOL: :drunk: )

Anything like that exist? Nice external screen too?

Like I mentioned Before, you can get an Nice Indash DVD/MP3, etc. with the preouts.

I have an Audio Control Four.1 that has 9v RMS preouts that I run inline with my amps to run my system off of.

The screen is going right in the Center console. It will look like it came from the factory with a 7" widescreen.

something like this, but I'll probably fiberglass one in there.
1051606435946_CHEVY_95up___2.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts