GMC Truck Forum banner

PIPES?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed A Single In Duel Out Today, We Didnt Put Any Pipes On Or Dump Them, because I Wanted To Think About What Im Gonna Do..
What Do You Guys Think Look Best Dumped, Out The Back, Or Out The Sides Behind The Rear Tires?

·
Chevrolet Owner
364 Posts

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Stacks!!!!

j.p do like me and rear tires!

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
It all depends, do you want it to look good or rattle your brain around inside your skull? I had open mufflers for a few months after i got my dual exhaust done and it sounded fucking awesome outside the truck, inside was another story. I had a set of 3" tailpipes in my garage from a previous catback system i had, so i threw those on. No resonance at all anymore, they come straight out the back and i think it looks fine. Do what you want and what you think will make you more comfortable during a drive.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
It all depends, do you want it to look good or rattle your brain around inside your skull? I had open mufflers for a few months after i got my dual exhaust done and it sounded fucking awesome outside the truck, inside was another story. I had a set of 3" tailpipes in my garage from a previous catback system i had, so i threw those on. No resonance at all anymore, they come straight out the back and i think it looks fine. Do what you want and what you think will make you more comfortable during a drive.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
oops:anitoof:

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A truck i looked at had them out the sides behind the rear tires and i did like that, I usually dont like to see any pipes.
I am just getting tired of it being loud inside all my trucks..
Anybody have some pics of them coming out the sides?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
mines dumped now but it was actually louder when i had pipes out the back, i liked the sound better out the back but i think dumped looks better

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts

·
Chevrolet Owner
364 Posts
Heres some pics of my old 05' with duals out the side

SilveradoExhaust002.jpg

SilveradoExhaust004.jpg

SilveradoExhaust003.jpg

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
if my gas tank wouldnt be in the way, id route my pipes out just in front of my rear tires, one on each side

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
if my gas tank wouldnt be in the way, id route my pipes out just in front of my rear tires, one on each side
I've thought about that myself. I like the way it looks on some trucks.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts