GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what exactly the people with 6.0's do to get that popping sound that is incredibly loud and is there a way i can get my 5.3 to sound like that?...all i have dealt with is flowmasters and glasspacks and i cant get that sound with those.....just curious if it's possible.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,654 Posts
manifolds dumped :imo

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Why would you want popping? That sounds like complete ass. Get a muffler with a civilized tone that flows well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everyone has the rumble and i do now, i just get tired of it..we had a 79 chevy that popped and sounded bad ass, but the only newer trucks i hear doing it are the 6.0's, what people think about how my truck sounds is their opinion i make it sound how i like it and dont care what everyone else says about it.

·
5,654 Posts
everyone has the rumble and i do now, i just get tired of it..we had a 79 chevy that popped and sounded bad ass, but the only newer trucks i hear doing it are the 6.0's, what people think about how my truck sounds is their opinion i make it sound how i like it and dont care what everyone else says about it.
not to beat a dead horse, but I think registration is now open over at www.fullsizeheapsofshit.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like you have the same truck as me in chevy instead of GMC so i wouldn't be doggin on my shit to much.....

·
5,654 Posts
looks like you have the same truck as me in chevy instead of GMC so i wouldn't be doggin on my shit to much.....
yeah, but I don't feel the need to sound like white trash, hell, my flowmaster is bad enough

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
like this?
[yt]w8tIbqOC0IY[/yt]
[yt]G4RDsXH0SMM[/yt]
True duals and glasspacks. This is my truck
I suggest against it. I'm sick of it

9,778 Posts
take off the cats and run true duals with no mufflers...that will pop and sound like ass if that is what you want...if you do that you can also add 12" glasspacks to the mix to make it pop more

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I think that if you just ditch the cats and run a straight through muffler like a short magnaflow or glasspack then you'll get all the pop you want. Ditch the muffler if it still doesnt sound shitty enough for you.

Sounds like ass tho :crap:

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
It does.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts