Piping yes/no?

• Option 1

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Option 2

Votes: 14 66.7%

Piping poll

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  project 92 
#1 ·
Ok, I posted a thread about the exhaust I am getting and I didn't get a lot of responses so I though I would post a poll. I went to the muffler shop today and I am stuck between two options. I know I am getting a one-chamber flowmaster and a 3-inch dump; I’m getting this done Friday morning. My decision-making problem is whether or not to get piping, so please post your opinions.

Option 1) Muffler and dump installed with stock piping for $180.00

Option 2) Muffler and dump installed with 3" piping from the cat-back for $250.00

#4 ·
im voting for option one............kinda

i think your best bet is to have them install the muffler with a 3 inch pipe coming out of it and dumping that......

the stock pipe is 2.75 inch diameter with decent bends. unless you have alot of performance mods in mind, leave the stock pipe between the muffler and cat.

#6 ·
Here is my setup.....I have 1 single-chamber 6" Flowmaster Delta Force (Not Delta Flow) muffler 3.5"/3.5". Both cats are still installed and are 'y'-ed into the inlet. The pipe comes out and is dumped before the rear axle with a slight turnout so i wouldn't blow up alot of dirt and the sound is projected a little outward. I love it, it sounds mean. I have a 4.8L and didn't lose any power, in fact I think I gained some. I think an aftermarket intake will compliment it well when I get one.

Attachments

#7 ·
Alright I got it done, decided to go with option #1 and put the extra $70.00 towards a bedliner. I am very happy with it so far its loud and thats what I want. One more question for you guys will it get any louder after a while? I know there is nothing to blow out or anything, but a guy I know got the same muffler, I heard it the day he got it then didn't hang out with him for a couple months and when I heard his truck again I swear that bitch was louder. oh and I'll try and get some pics on monday, I'm going riding with a guy who has a digital camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.