GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys this is a rookie question but im headed down to pismo next week..It will be my first time driving my truck out on the dunes...Any advice....?
Thanks

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Watch out for bowls. Any time you come up to the top of a dune be aware of whats on the other side. Also when you are climbing or decending a dune keep your wheels straight as possible cause the sand likes to grab.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
get as much air as possible and try to land upside down

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Whats up guys this is a rookie question but im headed down to pismo next week..It will be my first time driving my truck out on the dunes...Any advace....?
Thanks
Dont do it.........Other than that......dont run a k&n air cleaner because the small dust will pass through, be sure to wash your truck once your done playing to get the sand off of it and salt if you were playing off the beach. Nothing like salt and sand to rust basically anything.........you should see what some of the quad frames look like out there that arent washed frequent enough after trips to the beach. Its alot of fun but plays hell on your truck. Im sure plenty of people will post with bla bla bla my truck no problems ever. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure what very fine sand does to any rotating assembly........... O ya and be smart check everything out before you try something stupid, WATCH OUT FOR KIDS.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
dont stomp it when your stopped and keep your momentem up or youll dig to find nothing at the bottom

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Watch out for bowls. Any time you come up to the top of a dune be aware of whats on the other side. Also when you are climbing or decending a dune keep your wheels straight as possible cause the sand likes to grab.
WORD. bowls are fucking scary. dont stop by or drive too close tot he edge of the bowls, sand will give out form under you and peace out. your rolling down a hill.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
That would really suck. My truck on sits and I ride the quad. I dont even air down just kick the banshee out and ride. I refuse to tear up what I like to keep nice just doesnt make sense to me. Not to mention you can take your trucks in the dunes............but few are actually made for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys...I know to some of you this may sound weak but pretty much im just gonna drive near the beach i dont want to get too crazy...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Everyone gave good advice.....have a good time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts