GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with the club down in Pismo for the annual debauchery we call an event.

Pulled out of the bay Saturday morning after trying several times unsuccessfully to get the Chevy on somebodies smog dyno. Managed to wind up at KFC in Morgan Hill on my way, missed exits results in food you weren't hoping for.

CIMG7658.jpg

Jason was busy being his helpful self.

CIMG7659.jpg

Camp:

CIMG7663.jpg

CIMG7664.jpg

CIMG7662.jpg

We were in Kevin's mobile luxury home away from home eating some lunch when he pointed out a YJ clutch dropping on the beach about to nuke his rear. At that point the YJ dropped the clutch and actually took off...straight in to the surf. He was making ok progress until the water was over the hood.

CIMG7660.jpg

Kevin had to have some streamers to express himself out in the dunes:

CIMG7665.jpg

(well maybe not, but I sure wasn't telling him they were attached)

We all ended up heading back out in to the sand after Mr. B fixed his cracked again oil pan with a chunk of magnesium and some 5 minute epoxy.

CIMG7678.jpg

Kevin, Ryan and Burt lined up a couple times:

CIMG7674.jpg

CIMG7671.jpg

CIMG7676.jpg

This guy was camped next to us, interesting truck.
CIMG7679.jpg

Had to find the only spot to flex out I could, in what was left of the hole Jason dug:
CIMG7683.jpg

Ryan had to unstick his tow rig, being he still has no front driveshaft in it. Yanked the front around without anybody driving it, then Doug hoped in and they had 10 tires throwing sand:
CIMG7684.jpg

CIMG7685.jpg

Ended up heading out a little later that day (the pirate flag is on Tom's motor home behind my rig):
CIMG7686.jpg

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
Both of your trucks look great man...exo looks badass for sure

I wished we had something like pismo out here

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
ah i love pismo pics.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
didnt know you were down for the weekend, looks like a good time. would have cruised out to observe but had beerfest sat and wine tasting on sun.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
didnt know you were down for the weekend, looks like a good time. would have cruised out to observe but had beerfest sat and wine tasting on sun.

Same with me.... except the beerfest and wine tasting part, I was actually in SB haha. Would have been cool to say what's up though.

I must have missed the thread about your new tow rig! When did you get it? Looks like pretty much exactly what you wanted, ya?

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was visiting my cousin Scott on my way back and one of his friends was saying how he would have gone home some day over the weekend but he didn't want to puke in your truck. Small world.

Same with me.... except the beerfest and wine tasting part, I was actually in SB haha. Would have been cool to say what's up though.

I must have missed the thread about your new tow rig! When did you get it? Looks like pretty much exactly what you wanted, ya?
Sorry dudes, mad rush on my part just to get down there in one piece.

She's new to me, I've only had her for a couple weeks. Everything I wanted and then some actually, I've been enjoying for sure.

Nice pics. How did the new tow pig do?
She did fine, a little under geared or powered. Only does 45-50 up Cuesta grade with 11k lbs behind her:crazy: I'll have to work on that.

She makes a nice mobile tent and she's comfy to pull with though.

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Pics look awesome. I'm definately going to pismo before I die.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
She did fine, a little under geared or powered. Only does 45-50 up Cuesta grade with 11k lbs behind her:crazy: I'll have to work on that.

11k lbs? Your truck really is a pig! Was that in 3rd gear? 4th? 45-50 with 11k lbs besides the 7.5k(?) lbs of truck is pretty good haha, when I towed the Blazer home with that 4.6L F150 we could only do about 30 in 2nd.:crazy:

I hate that damn hill.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics look awesome. I'm definately going to pismo before I die.
You might be very disappointed. It's cool enough for once, MAYBE twice a year because it's close. Overall though I couldn't do more than a couple of days out there at a time.

thanks for the invite... ***.
I'm going to Hollister this weekend, again in July, Rubi in August, Moab in September and more talk of Pismo again in October. Feel caught up?

11k lbs? Your truck really is a pig! Was that in 3rd gear? 4th? 45-50 with 11k lbs besides the 7.5k(?) lbs of truck is pretty good haha, when I towed the Blazer home with that 4.6L F150 we could only do about 30 in 2nd.:crazy:

I hate that damn hill.
Yea, the Dodge is right about 7500, trailer is 2800, Chevy is probably closer to 7500 than 8k but I still need to scale her. I was in and out of 4-5th. 5th was too tall, but I'd wind 4th out. 6th became pretty useless about 300yds up the grade.

Nice pics Kyle! I really like the new tow pig! It really looks awesome!!!!
She does look pretty good, thanks :) I think I'm going to give her a proper bath this afternoon and vacuum all the sand out of the carpet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts