GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy that bought my compressor from me on Ebay never contacted me after I contacted him after the auction, so I put up a 2nd chance offer to another bidder which excepted and sent me payment for the compressor. Well the day I ship it out the "winning" bidder emails me and tells me he's sorry but he had a family emergency. Now I emailed him numerous times, called him, he had my home phone # and I never heard from him a single time. I email him back explaining the situation to him and how he didn't win because he never responded. I get another email stating that he'll send me payment for it. I emailed him again and tell him that he didn't win and not to send payment because I've already shipped it to someone else. I get another email today from he saying he sent the money out to me today. It's like this guy doesn't understand that I've shipped it to someone else and he didn't win it. What am I suppose to do? This guy is pissing me off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah, some people are thick like that.....

When the payment shows up, I would write "refused" or "return to sender" on the envelope and put it back in the mail. Maybe he'll get the hint then. Be prepared for him to leave neg feedback.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I have 100% feedback now and I don't want to have any negs. So all I have to do is write return to sender anywhere on the envelope and they'll do it for me?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm assuming that it will work on an envelope.
I was always getting the "CD of the month" from them music clubs (because I'd forget to send in the stupid card) so I would write "refused" on the package and they would take it back. Of course, you cant open it up or else they wouldnt take it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You can also go through ebay. They have a help system and it's always nice to have a filed record of what happened with them so if he goes to ebay about you or leaves neg feedback you can go back to the record in the ebay files about it. I did that when a guy bought a tire from me on there, sent the money, then flaked out on coming and picking it up... He then wanted it shipped but decided it was too pricey to ship, so he told me to keep the money and sell it to someone else... I tried to get him to let me sell it again then I give him the money it sells for but could never get ahold of him again and I didn't have his addy. So I filed a record with EBAY about it in case he came back later saying I stole his money or something...

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
first, email [email protected] with your complaint. file a non-paying bidder alert, wait 10 days, file a final value fee credit. the user should be suspended, at which point you leave him negative feedback.

i'd just return the payment and tell him to go to hell. this is a minor case, much worse things have happened. if you have an email from him, copy and paste the header with the originating IP. there's fun to be had with IPs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts