GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had these tires before? I know they've been out forever but I've never seen them in person. I'm thinking about selling my mudgraps and getting some 36x14.5 pj's. I really don't offroad anymore so that doesn't matter I was just wondering how they do on the street and how many miles to expect out of them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? They look like a regular mt tread pattern I figured they would go at least 40k. I've got about 17-18k on my mg's will well over half tread left. I rotate them every 2k.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn...have you had them before?

·
meow
15,747 Posts
One or two guys on here have ran them. From what I've gathered from the various forums is that they are mainly junk (heavy as well). Get some KM2's, STT's, or something of the like and I can almost guarantee you'll have better results. Or even a BFG AT or Nitto Terra Grappler if you want an "aggressive" at.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i can get a set of 36x14.5x18's for 1100 which isn't bad at all. thats how much I paid for my grapplers. the only thing about km2's and stt's and all them other regular mt's is that they only come in 12.5 wide and everybody has them. I want something a little bigger and more aggressive looking but I might as well get swampers since pj's are junk.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
My experience was the exact opposite. I found them to be an extremely hard tire, the compound was hard enough that chunking was a real concern. As a used tire I couldn't get them to balance well (they're heavy to begin with) and had death wobble on my 60 as a result.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i guess they are out of the question then lol i was just looking on ntwonline and they have 36x15.5/18 mud countries for 1000 a set.hmmm

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm gonna have to cut a shitload out of my front end to fit them though...who cares lol

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,898 Posts
My cousin runs 37" PJ's on his 95' Z71.... He has had them for years now and they still have alot of life in them. But, with that said, its not his DD anymore either.

He's never complained about them though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had them in 38 x 15.5 and really liked them. I didn't notice them giving me problems due to being excessively heavy, but I didn't look up the numbers either, nor was I really concerned with a couple pounds per tire when looking at 38s for a 7000lb truck. I got a good 40k out of them and that was with only one rebalance/alignment in 4 years (I did rotate them often though). The biggest thing for me was they are load range E, most 38s are only C, so think about that if you're goin to tow anything heavy.

Overall I liked em, they ran great on the street, did well in the snow and awesome in the sand/desert. I'm probably going to get them again - they are definitely better than the radial TSLs I have now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well damn...i dont know what to believe. im really not concerned about weight, my mg's are heavy as shit and my truck does fine with just 3.42's but if i get another set of tires i am going with 4.56's. i've got to sell my grapplers before i can do anything

1 - 18 of 18 Posts