GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i finally made up my mind on what i plan to do with my truck.

i plan on making her into a weekend cruiser, show stopper. heres my plans so far-

14" Whiplash Suspension Lift
-comes with 12" leaves, but i was thinking a 4" shackle flip and about an 8 inch leave pack and possibly a little block, plan to have it settin cali'ed.

Driveshafts
front i can get from Whiplash, thought about doing a SYE for the rear and getting a custom shaft locally.

plan on the usuall dual shock hook (comes with kit and will put 6 shocks up front, a lil over kill but ill prolly eliminate one), also comes with an aftermarket sway bar kit, and lateral steering assist ( WHAT IS THIS?)

i was not planning for ladder bars b.c i dont think ill needem, im not gonna be pullin it lol.

plan on getting some 20x12 or wider rims. not wanting anything over 15 inches wide tho.

tires-
with my 3" Bl, i want to really shoot to clear 49's, or my dream a set of :worship: 54" Boggers ( ONLY 2600 FOR A SET!!!!!:head:):worship:
ill have to run about a 5.13 id think to even get the truck rollin, but can that be occomplished with my 9.25 front diff? i dont think my 14blt 9.5 will have a problem, but i plan to go FF rear.

idk how possible this will be, but with a lil crank, the body lift, and my cut outs i think it can be accomplished...... I HOPE

if theres a slighty larger kit out there like a 16" id think about it.

the whiplash lists for 3200, with shocks and everything. not wanting to get crazy with the lift price!

lets hear openions and stuff.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Everything sounds fine except for the Whiplash part. I think you'll need more than 17" of lift to clear 49's also... especially if your torsion bars are original and they have sagged over time.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Don't buy WHIPTRASH... :imo

For that much lift, best bet would be 3rd Coast or Full Throttle, but I would just go ahaed and SFA! :D

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
damn that truck will be ugly...

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Just because it's gonna be big doesn't mean it's gonna be a show stopper. From the plans I read, it won't even stop very many people at a show. :imo

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont wasnt SFA for the fact that its all over the place now it seems. i want a good sized IFS truck.

can i get some links for other large lifts? i cant get to cognito but their biggest is 12 so they r out bessides price also.

tone- to each his own man. i want a big truck, so im goin balls to the freakin wall with it.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just because it's gonna be big doesn't mean it's gonna be a show stopper. From the plans I read, it won't even stop very many people at a show. :imo
lol i know, i was just dreaming.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
get a full throttle 12 inch kit and it would be huge with the body lift

sas vehicles arent everywhere infact theres not many alot of people are starting to come around though

I think with the fts lift and body lift and maybe some 42 inch tsls and beef the hell out of the ifs it would look good with 5.13 gears

Or sfa with a dana 60 and run 47 inch ltbs

·
Registered
391 Posts
why do you wanna go with a tire so rediculous, why not just keep it realistic(and make it safer to drive) and put some 40s or 44s on it

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i imagine ill end up settling for something aroudn a 44. i just like the lookk of them on 49's after seein Reeves truck.

around here SFA'd chevys run around everywhere. they aint as common as a 99-never truck witha 6 inch lift, but they are getting common. the thing i have NEVER seen around here is a huge IFS truck.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Huge IFS lifts (12+) are siiick looking!! The solid front axle just looks too hillbilly on a NBS style truck. I'd personally would run like a 40 inch mud grappler on a 22 inch rim with a 16 inch FTS lift. That would be a showstopper!!

Gonna have it done for the Midwest Meet?

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no unfortunately not. as it looks im gonna do it all in June/july area. its gonna cost me about 9 grand all said and done. hopefully be done for Indy show tho!

·
Registered
391 Posts
w/e u do dont just settle for somethin, most of the time u will regret it and there is no use spending a couple grand on somethin that ur not satisfied with

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Huge IFS lifts (12+) are siiick looking!! The solid front axle just looks too hillbilly on a NBS style truck. I'd personally would run like a 40 inch mud grappler on a 22 inch rim with a 16 inch FTS lift. That would be a showstopper!!

Gonna have it done for the Midwest Meet?
Do it. Who knows, you could be the few single cab longbed trucks to ever win a truck show. Try not to take this personal, but spectators never vote on rclb trucks. Most see them as work trucks. Don't get me wrong though, there are a few that I really like. There's a guy on here with a bagged one, and 4.8Silv4x4 has about the best lifted one i've seen.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
Do it. Who knows, you could be the few single cab longbed trucks to ever win a truck show. Try not to take this personal, but spectators never vote on rclb trucks. Most see them as work trucks. Don't get me wrong though, there are a few that I really like. There's a guy on here with a bagged one, and 4.8Silv4x4 has about the best lifted one i've seen.
sadly thats how the judges see it

1 - 20 of 96 Posts