GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the plasti dipping so I got a few questions. My bumpers, grill and trim are plasti dipped black over the chrome on my 04 sierra. I'm thinking about taking it off and doing all color match sport look I was curious on what's the easiest way for removal. Also my truck is red do they make a color match to a factory color if so where could I get it? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you've done enough coats of dip, 4+, then it will prob just peel off easily if you start a tear with your nail or a toothpick. Willcome iff in big pieces if you're lucky.If not enough costs were done, it's harder to remove and you'll end up kind of rolling it off with your fingers. I had my grille done once and when taking it off, the crevices that didnt get as much spray, I sprayed it with wd40 and then put a rag on a paint stirrer and kinda scrubbed it all off. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started peeling it just a little and it seemed like it was gonna be hard to remove. It probably wasn't applied very thick. It was on the truck when I bought it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah just kinda rolling the edge with your finger to peel it will have to work. Will take a while probably. Or try the wd40 or goo gone

·
Registered
143 Posts
they make a product called dip dissolver also.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
its actually a lot easier if you go buy more and spray it on super thick, let it dry then peel it off. fresh dip on top dissolves the lower layers into it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good idea ^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts