GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a spray on bedliner and i got it below the rail. i have decided that rails will probably get fucked up along the way. what should i do? get some plastic rail caps or take it back and get it over the rail... or possibly just leave it? thanks :shake:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the same situation, it was cheaper to have the stuff sprayed on the bed rails instead of buying the plastic caps

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
your trucks a crew cab right so it would already have the stock bed rails on it, and you cant take those ones off cuz there a bunch of holes under them

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i have an ext cab and the rails are naked metal right now. would it look okay if i got it re-sprayed over the rail

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
If you get the plastic bed caps, after a while the 3M tape will wear off and it will start to flap around and scratch your paint where the plastic caps hang over. I have seen this problem many times where I work and on a couple of friend's trucks. It's a pain in the ass and it starts to look like trash after a few months.

I would recommend getting it sprayed over the rail if you're going to do anything, personally I think it looks better. If you don't want to get it resprayed you also have the option of getting the diamond plate bed caps which actually screw into the inside of the bed cap.

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
ballpark how much is it to get the rails sprayed?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
ballpark how much is it to get the rails sprayed?
I'd probably guess it would cost around $100 - $150 to spray the bed caps. Solely because whoever is spraying the truck still has to prepare everything, and the bed caps are the biggest pain in the ass because you have to be extremely careful when sanding and it just takes time. If you would have done it at the same time that you got your bed sprayed it would have been about $50 more. But since the sprayer has to prep everything and start up the spray machine and everything the price jumps up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts