GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vortec 6 fuckin liter V8!
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a truck detailing question but, I took the bike out for a ride today and I noticed a lot of small scratches and swirl marks on the windshield. I assume they are from wiping it down after riding. How would I go about getting these out?

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
its hard to get swirl marks out of a plastic windscreen. What do you use to wipe it down? Honda Polish is pretty good for things like that.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
you can polish it out just like paint.

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually use bug remover and a microfiber towel to clean it off.

So there is no special stuff to use for the plastic?

·
Registered
687 Posts
meguiars plastx or poorboys pro polish

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
i use donnies plastic restorer on all the bikes i do. but as far as the windshield goes i don't see why you couldn't just treat it as paint? i'd ask donnie or chris though.

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, I'll grab some plastx since I can get it locally and see how it does.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
You can try a standard paint polish too... platic polishes tend to do just about the same.

Very important that after you get the scratches buffed out you lay down something to protect them in the future. Using a sealant like Rejex or Optiseal would be a good idea. It would also make post-ride cleanup much easier.

If you don't want to buy a sealant laying down a few coats of your preferred paint wax would be better than nothing.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
i use donnies plastic restorer on all the bikes i do. but as far as the windshield goes i don't see why you couldn't just treat it as paint? i'd ask donnie or chris though.
Are you talking bout Migliore? That's a non abrasive dressing. Makes everything look great, but it doesn't fix anything.

See above responses for products

1 - 16 of 16 Posts