GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i'm having some trouble and need to know if there is a trick! i have a 2004 half ton silverado 2wd with a 4.8l motor and a 4l 60e transmission....... i'm attempting to replace the transmission and i have everything removed except for ! bolt at the top left hand side of the transmission, it has a bracket that holds you fuel lines where this last bolt is and it's such a type space that i cant seem to get a wrench or rachet or anything in there to get the bolt out! does anybody have any tips for me???? i'm going insane trying to get this last bolt out!!!! any help is really appreciated in advance!:shake:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well guys thanks for that help, i got that bolt, but now it seems like there may be one more on the right hand side towards the top, but there is literally no way to get your havnd on it.... how the hell do you get that one out??? keep in mind i do have small hands, so im confused why i cant reach it!

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Theres one right up top in the center. Remove the trans crossmember and let the trans down a little bit and then use a 2-3 foot extension with a swivel to get it. Or you might be able to get it from the engine bay behind the intake with an open ended wrench. It holds the vent tubes and then you need to remove the stud with a 15mm. Dont forget the torque converter bolts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys thanks for the help! i knew it would be a pain in the a$$ to get the tranny out but i didn't know it was gonna be that bad lol, but i did finally get it out! thanks alot spanky for your detailed help!!!!

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
I had my trans in and out 3 times in 2 weeks. By the third time it was seemed like 45 min to get it out.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I heart my body lift for these types of things. makes working on things 100xs easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts