GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys Before i cut any wires on my PACswi-ps does any one know if it will work on the pioneer 5700dvd I thought it needed the swi-ax or what ever the Infared one is but this is the wired remote one and the guy said it would work but I don't know.there is a port on the back but its for the microproccessor and i think it is an output not input please help!! Thanks,paul

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
if your radio has the "Wired Remote Input on the back , and Im sure it does, your all set and cut away and it will work WAY better than the X model would

·
Registered
477 Posts
Only thing I can find so far on what inputs the back has is...

RGB x 1, AV x 1, AV-Bus x 1, Camera x 1

So, I don't think it has a spot for a wired remote, which is what you need to use the PAC SWI-PS. I'll look some more, but I right now, I think you have to go SWI-X.

·
9,823 Posts
it looks like a headphone jack and alot of times they arent labeled or if they are its just a hole in the back that says WRC

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a headphone jack but it is for the micro processor it has labeled by it Opt out so I'm thinking its an output.Thanks guys,Paul

·
9,823 Posts
well it seems you need the X, I dont think the 5700 has a wired in

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thank you I figured it out and the head unit is in and i am in love I missed it as I had it in my old lexus. Now I gotta exchange this swi-ps for the x wich the guy is cool about so that is happening today hopefully install tommorrow.Thanks Again guys,Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts