GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

I have had knock sensor issues forever. Replaced the knock sensors and wiring harness and still have my check engine light. P0327 and p0332

I checked all my wiring all the way up to the pcm and read 99.7 and 99.8 on both sensors so I am sure that is ok.

Does anyone else have tips on what I could try? I checked my fuel pressure for the fun of it and it is at 50 psi...is that too low and could that affect my knock sensors???

Also are the 01 pcms bad...someone said that they had issues but I cant find any info on this?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you test Ohmage at the PCM?

Pull the connectors off the PCM and test at the pin socket level :imo
Yup checked that and its hovering around 100 or a little less. Im lost

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
have you had it scanned on a detailed scanner like on HPT or EFI live?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you had it scanned on a detailed scanner like on HPT or EFI live?

Nope, dont really know where I would go about doing that...what is hpt? Any suggestions on how I go about doing this?

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Mine has the same problem. Brand new knock sensors and new harness and everything checks out ohm wise.. I give up on mine. When I get my tune for my new stuff I'm just getting the knock sensors turned off problem solved

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
HPT is HP Tuners (another program like EFI Live). I would find someone somewhat local to scan it and see why you are getting knock the code. Maybe check if the PCM is even reading them.

Turning them off is a very bad idea.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HPT is HP Tuners (another program like EFI Live). I would find someone somewhat local to scan it and see why you are getting knock the code. Maybe check if the PCM is even reading them.

Turning them off is a very bad idea.

Ya, I might be able to find another pcm and see if that corrects the problem.
I dont really want to turn them off although the truck will see a 6.0l in the future I dont need it blown up right now.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Have either of you guys welded on the truck with the battery connected? Sometimes that will fry something in the pcm.

One guy I know welded on his truck and the pcm quit sending signal to the coils. lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have either of you guys welded on the truck with the battery connected? Sometimes that will fry something in the pcm.

One guy I know welded on his truck and the pcm quit sending signal to the coils. lol

Hm lol never heard of that but very possible. When I got the truck I noticed that the previous owner had done some welding for exhaust hangers and also welding some ''homemade'' lift blocks to the rear springs...:nono::nono:

Who knows what other handywork the guy has done lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a new ecu off of ebay, will try that.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
so, any other word on this problem?

It's pretty crazy, mine just suddenly threw both of those codes about 10 days ago. 327 and 332. both knock sensors at the same time. I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts