How many Ohms should I be seeing with the OE Gen III wires? :hmm:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
What he said LOL... thats about right.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
yeah they are wicked high stock. I use MSD wires( buy in bulk and make all my own wires, since turbo headers love them) and i go about 40 ohms a foot. any more than 100 a foot and i retire them.

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,651 Posts
Headers kill wires, I wish there was a better way, Ill post up on my new set up after i run it a few times....

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD-32829&N=400122+115&autoview=sku

MSD's 8.5mm Super Conductor wire sets have a special helically wound core that has just 40-50 ohms of resistance per foot--but with an RFI suppression equal to a 1,500 ohm wire. In fact, each foot of finished wire features 40 feet of tightly wound copper for superior conductivity. A tough 8.5mm synthetic/silicone jacket over an extra-heavy glass braid and dielectric insulator keeps the current guided to the plugs. Underneath the high-temperature boots, dual crimp stainless steel terminals feature snap-locks to ensure a secure fit. MSD's 8.5mm Super Conductor wire sets come available in custom or universal-fit applications.
I've been thinking about ordering a set.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:hmm:

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Measured the factory set last night and they were all around 480 ohms. That seems high since my Jacobs wires were only 50 ohms.

·
Registered
586 Posts
OE wires always have high readings, from my experience. MSDs that I have had through the past have always been 38-40ohms/ft.

Crane's FireWire are actually 25ohm/ft - or so they claim. Never bought any yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts