GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I saw a retired police Tahoe on cardomain.com...Obviously, it had a 130mph speedo instead for the normal 100mph, or escalade denali 120mph. I think it was a 97 or 98.....But does anyone know how to track down a part number for this?? I'm thinking it may be harder to come by being that it was made specifically for a truck in law enforcement...Hmm...

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Yes, its harder to come by, and its not a direct plug-and-play from what I hear... you must modify the wiring some.

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm....interesting. But if so, I think it'd be worth it. Suppose I could check with an evil dealer :crazy:

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya found him! Haha....Yeah, I found his page about 5 min after I posted the first message :crazy:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Here is some of the info I came up with....

http://www.whosnextracing.com/obsclusters.htm

There is also some info I got from Boostedz71 on what you need to make it work. It's not plug and play and not a lot of fun to get working but it is unique. GM doesn't make these anymore....you can only get them used. I do have the part number though...you can see it in one of the 130 cluster pics on my page.

Cameron

·
Registered
787 Posts
damn that is badass........if i had the money to waste and time to screw around, i would definately look into getting one!

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweeeeet, I gotta track one down!!! How I dont know....LOL
But do you have the part # for the Escalade/Denali Cluster too??? THANKS!!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Not handy but I'll try to find it. You can't buy them from GM...they are discontinued. eBay and junk yards are your best bets....

Good luck finding one....

Cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn the police and their fun speedos....geez!

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Physh1 said:
Not handy but I'll try to find it. You can't buy them from GM...they are discontinued. eBay and junk yards are your best bets....

Good luck finding one....

Cameron
Any luck getting the part number for the escalade/denali cluster? THX! :head:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts