GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some polished aluminum rims on my hoe and they are a little dirty. I've washed them and polished them with mother's polish (i think thats the name) and it polishes up fairly nice. Is there anything out there that will really put a shine on these rims and bring them back to a shiny state?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea, Aber if you read this what are they?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll give aber a call...........

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, the guy i got them from doesn't believe they are clear coated. all i know is they are eagle 121 series polished aluminum.......wish i knew more...

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
If they are not clear coated when you use Mothers Polish your rims and rag should turn black. If they aren't clear coated all I can say use alot of elbow grease.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, my rims and rag turn black (or fingers, hard to get rag in some places......lol)........so not clear coated.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
1buda said:
If they are not clear coated when you use Mothers Polish your rims and rag should turn black. If they aren't clear coated all I can say use alot of elbow grease.
:word:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
DaHoe4x4Ag said:
yea, my rims and rag turn black (or fingers, hard to get rag in some places......lol)........so not clear coated.
Are these the rims you talking about in your sig?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes.........the rims i am talking about are the ones in the sig

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
i hear if u get a dremel or something and use that polish it does wonders...
i need to do the same thing...how much do dremels cost?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm gonna wash my hoe today, maybe even give a couple of my rims a good polish, ill post some pics if i get around to polishing them. not sure if i'll have time considering we had a storm come through here a couple of days ago and it knocked a huge ass tree over onto my house........so needless to say ive got some trimming to do!

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I know the shine dosnt last long on these kind of wheels.
Is there anything that can be done to keep them looking good for longer after you polish them up?
Can you Wax them to protect them or something?

Reason I ask is b/c Im going to get Weld Racing wheels.

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
about 3 hours per wheel.......that is what it took me to polish mine and apply zoopseal to keep them shiny. it is supposed to last 2 to 3 years. check it out:

http://www.zoops.com/home.asp

so far so good, but it has only been a month.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 hours per wheel.............DAMN :LOL: . Whenever I get into the mood to shine my rims, I always take alot of time on the first two I do, then I slack off because I'm tired of it. So usually my front rims look good and my rear ones don't look as good.....but if that stuff really lasts 2-3 years, even a year, I would definately give them a good shine!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like the way to go, i think i'll take your advice and take it one at a time......easier on me..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts