GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I finaly did it! Purchased a Polished Alumn. Gas cover, I like it a whole lot better than the billit ones. Plus this one has the little finger area for you to open it up like the stock one. When I got it something was off, it didnt fit in the hole, so I had to use my dremel and trim it down a little bit to get it to fit.

Very swanky if you ask me.

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah i think that looks awesome....but i would never do that to my truck

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I was gonna paint mine but I had the brushed one and would have to smooth it out so I said just fuck it and slapped my stock one back on.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03Carbondogg said:
I used to have one on mine. Thought it was cool at the time. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. I ended up putting the stock back on.
Well I think it looks kinda good, I will keep it for awhile and switch back to my stock if I dont like it. Just kinda want to be differnt from everyone else. Maybe I will get my STOCK one chromed or something. That way when I put it back on it looks good.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i dont care for the billet or chrome gas doors. just looks so out of place. they only time i like it is when the gas door is shaved and relocated to inside the bed. then the aftermarket door looks pretty sweet. but its way too noticeable on the side of the truck. but, its all in what makes you happy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
in my opinion, anything that brings attention to it isn't worth it. it takes away from the cleanliness of the truck. it's almost like adding more badges to your truck. but hey, if you like it, go for it bro. peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts