GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had horrible water spots on my windows which become more obvious after I tinted the windows darker. A buddy of mine works at a dealership and convinced me to acid wash the windows. Well, it got rid of all of the water spots, but left my windows looking super dull and pitiful. After talking with Sam and Eddie, they talked me into buying a HF polisher and polishing them. Figured I'd wash after since can't have gorgeous windows and dirty paint.

HF polisher on setting 4, orange pad, and some cutting polish Sam shipped me.

Fresh wash by Bryant Miller, on Flickr

And some hero shots showing off the clean freshly polished windows!

Polished Windows by Bryant Miller, on Flickr

I don't have any before photos, but I can assure you the results are night and day. So glad they talked me into this, I'd recommend for ANYONE with dull, water etched windows.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turned out nice!
VERY happy with the results! No more lines across the windows!!

Next, buy some of that polish Dylan just released and a couple more pads and try to do the whole truck :scared:

·
make me a sammich
841 Posts
WOW! Definitely gonna have to do this on my truck once I get the windows tinted

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
2014-09-29%2009.59.32.gif

mine were bad...lil paint polish and focus pads cleared them up tho. :pepper: glad u got dem on fleek, B!

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And of course it rains today :rofl2: :suicide:

Thanks again Sam and Eddie :kiss:

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if this would remove some same scratches I have on my windows. <sigh> fucking sand.
I have scratches on mine, it removed the lighter ones.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
So shiney. Turns out a buddy of mine has a HF polisher, i think im actually going to correct my whole truck this fall :noway:

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
I wonder if this would remove some same scratches I have on my windows. <sigh> fucking sand.
Glass is substantially harder than paint, so paint polishes and tools won't do much to address scratches on glass, but it might make them less noticeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts