GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im almost out of SSR1 and was wondering if there was anything u guys would recommend instead. Im up for trying something new. The only thing i dont like about SSR1 is it dusts like crazy.

so...what light swirl remover/finishing polish do u use?

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
So im almost out of SSR1 and was wondering if there was anything u guys would recommend instead. Im up for trying something new. The only thing i dont like about SSR1 is it dusts like crazy.

so...what light swirl remover/finishing polish do u use?
isn't the new formula for ssr lines suppose to get rid of that issue

i tried meg and it dusted also.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm. what speed do u guys use ur PCs on btw? some people say 5, others use 6.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
isnt optimum polish not supposed to dust?

ill find out tomorrow.:D

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
hmm. what speed do u guys use ur PCs on btw? some people say 5, others use 6.
For the most part 5, but I step up to 6 occasionally. I always start by spreading the polish with the PC set on 1 just to cut down on slinging and make sure I get even coverage for the panel I'm working.

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
Optimum is either very low or none at all when I have used it.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Yea optimum polish is a little lower dusting but it still does a little. I find optimum polish to be harder to remove than poorboys tho. Dusting isnt really that big of a problem just go over with a qd after and its perfect.

Edit: I spread over the panel on speed 1 and then go 5-6.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
new formula SSR1 still dusts really really bad... I'm curious to know what other fine polishes don't dust for when I need a refill

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Like others have said the Opt Polish is "very low" dusting and it can be worked for a long period. I love Po85RD, it can be tricky at times, but I get very little dust. But I have a ton of different polishes as every paint is different so just one polish might not work as good as another. I really don't care if a polish dust as I am going to do either an ONR wash/wipe or a a wipedown with IPA anyways.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Menzerna polishes work great for me. Clean your pad constantly and you get a lot less dust to deal with. If you wanna try some Menz polishes let me know. Im right down the street from you.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Menzerna polishes work great for me. Clean your pad constantly and you get a lot less dust to deal with. If you wanna try some Menz polishes let me know. Im right down the street from you.
what town you from? i was thinking about picking up some menz. thats what shawn (proballer) uses on his TBSS.

i needa do my whole truck, its all swirled and has fine scratches.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
what town you from? i was thinking about picking up some menz. thats what shawn (proballer) uses on his TBSS.

i needa do my whole truck, its all swirled and has fine scratches.
You'll be very happy, I love all my menz! Power gloss, SIP, 106FF/FA, and PO85RD I keep at all times. There a little more money but worth it. Not sure if you've tried 205, but it is an awesome polish also.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts