GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I installed a pioneer double din head unit into my uncles 2007 classic. It has the factory bose. the sound quality is down 10 fold with this head unit. I have tried every setting in the thing. In order to keep it from distorting up high, you have to have the EQ settings crazy low so it sounds bad on low volumes. I have the same head unit in my car, and a head unit just like it but a few years older in my 2004 chevy WITHOUT bose and I love it. anything Im doing wrong? I can make it sound like it did with the old factory head unit, but than it distorts and sounds like crap when you crank the volume up. this is the one here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X3600BHS

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Just so you know, the sound from my ass sounds better than Bose crap

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it used to sound pretty good before I installed that pioneer HU.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Might also be you don't have the hu asjusted properly

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might also be you don't have the hu asjusted properly
I've been messing with hu settings for 6 years on countless different ones. I pretty much know my way around stereo settings. As I said. I have the same one in 2 of my other cars and it sounds good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've been messing with hu settings for 6 years on countless different ones. I pretty much know my way around stereo settings. As I said. I have the same one in 2 of my other cars and it sounds good.
Did you adjust the gain on the GMOS-04? I've found they're generally set way too high, and cause unnecessary distortion.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I would have tried a pac adapter first. In my opinion pac is better for factory integration unless you go audiocontrol or something of the sort

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you adjust the gain on the GMOS-04? I've found they're generally set way too high, and cause unnecessary distortion.
awesome. I never messed with it. I figured it was good where it layed. Thanks. I'll try that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts