GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried porting a down fire box in an extened cab? i dont know that much about boxes but my extened cab doesnt hit near as hard as my single cab this is what i have two 10 inch jl w 3 and jl 500.1

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
your best bet in my opinion would to ditch one of subs. make a box for underneath the back seat and put a sub on one side, and the port on the other side. the sub thump boxes can get two subs under a back seat with i think .92 cubic feet each. so make the same box for one sub and you could get almost two cubic feet. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
here is my singe forward fire 12" box(ported), i got around 1.75 cubes out of it and didnt have to lift the seat, its now carpeted and looks alot cleaner fyi
100_0367.gif

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already have a down fire box, with 2 10s with about 1 cubic foot per side, i was wondering if it is possible to port my box or is it a bad thuing to do or would it sound better with one 10 and a 2 cubic feet box

·
Registered
907 Posts
im pretty sure you can't port the sealed downfiring boxes for our ext. cabs. apparently they'll sound like shit. blow-thru for sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts