GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I noticed some of you said you use this on your trucks. I have not had any good luck with buffers in general and have since turned myself into popeye from doing it all by hand. Are these that nice of a tool that make that big of a difference in time AND quality?? Being that it is a 'dual action' isnt it not supposed to put an swirls or half-moon marks in the paint?? Any input would be appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I've used it for a good while and never had any trouble out of it. It will get rid of swirls instead of causing them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love mine, woks great with the right equipment. Its also a random orbital polisher, so if is pretty hard to damage your paint with it unless you drop it on you car.......

·
Registered
703 Posts
What stores can you buy one from? or do you have to order it? How much does a 7-8" DA polisher go for? Right now i have a smaller 6" craftsman polisher/buffer from sears so maybe they make a higher dollar buffer?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
when you say "DA" i think of the air disc sander that i used when i was doing paint work on my old truck. thats what the guys at the body shop called it, and i never asked what it stood for. is this thing you talk about some sort of air buffer? what does DA stand for?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
DA=Dual Action :imo

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Josh said:
when you say "DA" i think of the air disc sander that i used when i was doing paint work on my old truck. thats what the guys at the body shop called it, and i never asked what it stood for. is this thing you talk about some sort of air buffer? what does DA stand for?
Its the samething. What you are talking about is powered by air. The porter cable is electric. They both spin in 2 directions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts