GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im porting my heads, they are ls1 heads off of a 02 WS6. i heard its not really worth taking the time on a set of stock heads, but i have found that after messing around with my flow bench, i got a 11% gain out of them. i only did the exhaust side first, but moving to the intake side later this week. i just wanted to see if anybody else has gotten anygain from this?
Dan

·
Registered
44 Posts
i havent yet....but plan on doing the exact sme thing in the very near future. id like to see how they turn out. what kinda compression you gonna be lookin at after you're done?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well anytime you increase flow (along with velocity!) you'll make more power. I'd keep the stock valve sizes on them.

Remember the GenIII heads flow great in stock form so there aren't huge gains to be had on stock cube/NA setups.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha bryce, i been working alot lately, but the pile of parts is getting large!!

i have flowed my exhaust at 171 cfm for stock numbers and i ported them up to a [email protected] lift. with a 11% overall gain. intake is tonight in class. i will take some pics too, i got some ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.