GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my A/C drained and charged about a month ago. It does not seem to be as cold when ideling as when i am moving. i read on a corvette forum that if there is too much pressure, as idle it can blow hot. the other issue is twice now at a short stop it is almost like the A/C stops. the fan keeps going but it is like the compressor stops. the only way i can tell is by the smell (got that moisture smell) but only happens for a few seconds, then it is ok again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Turn your air on high and have someone hold the rpm's around 1500. Then look and see if you accumulator is freezing over. If it is then you have to much freon in the system.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Do you have a clutch fan or electric fans? If it's a clutch fan your operation sounds about normal to me. On short stops, do your RPM's dip and then come back up to the correct idle RPM?

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a clutch fan or electric fans? If it's a clutch fan your operation sounds about normal to me. On short stops, do your RPM's dip and then come back up to the correct idle RPM?
I have a clutch fan, but I haven't noticed the RPMs diping at all, but i can check it out.

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i also noticed soemthing else, is the compressor on in recerc mode even if the ac button is not pushed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts