GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my A/C drained and charged about a month ago. It does not seem to be as cold when ideling as when i am moving. i read on a corvette forum that if there is too much pressure, as idle it can blow hot. the other issue is twice now at a short stop it is almost like the A/C stops. the fan keeps going but it is like the compressor stops. the only way i can tell is by the smell (got that moisture smell) but only happens for a few seconds, then it is ok again.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Do you have a clutch fan or electric fans? If it's a clutch fan your operation sounds about normal to me. On short stops, do your RPM's dip and then come back up to the correct idle RPM?

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a clutch fan or electric fans? If it's a clutch fan your operation sounds about normal to me. On short stops, do your RPM's dip and then come back up to the correct idle RPM?
I have a clutch fan, but I haven't noticed the RPMs diping at all, but i can check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.