GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
is a F-18, bro.
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i know what im about to ask is not truck related, but i figure maybe somebody has ran into a similar problem like me.

i got a 96 z28 that i finally finished putting in the clutch and fuel pump. it started up and idles fine.

today i took it to a carwash by my house and the drive over there was fine. it ran like a champ. after i got done washing it, the drive back home was bad. it was sputtering and stumbling and had no power.

it sat up for a couple of months so i figured it has to be bad gas. but what i was wondering is that when i start it up, it idles fine. after a couple of minutes of idling, it starts to sound like shit. when i rev it, it struggles, and i think i hear it misfiring. i turn it off and leave it alone for like 5 minutes, start it up and it sound fine then starts to misfire.

i was wondering if anyone had a similar problem to this and what yall did to remedy it. i wanna make sure everything is fine and tip-top before i think about selling it. any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
// Young & Reckless //
219 Posts
i think i remember a post like this before. something about getting water on the filter or something like that. hope someone chimes in to help. if not check out ls1tech.

·
is a F-18, bro.
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im over there checking out additional info

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
No check engine light? Did you wash the engine?

·
is a F-18, bro.
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no lights and no i did not wash the engine

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Was there an under car spray in the car wash? Starting fine when cold then when warm not running righhjt can be fronty O2 sensors. Does teh car run good at WOT? IF it does its for sure teh O2 sensors.
peace
Hog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts