GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped an earlier post about engine noise on warm restart of 2003 silverado 4.8 engine.appearing at 8000 miles and third oil change.GM changed the o-ring on the pickup tube of the oil pump per TSB this did not help.also appearing at the same time as the engine noise my cold start oil prerssure is very slow, taking 4-5 seconds to max out where before taking 1-2 seconds at tops no matter how cold it is outside even 30 below zero.could it be the pressure relief spring in the oil pump stuck or broken causing my two problems or could it be a spun bearing.the engine runs as strong as day one. oil pressure on the road is the same but idle dropped about 5 psi now about 30psi at idle with warm engine.gm says they will change the oil pump. any thoughts?

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
i would put a mech. gauge on it b4 i tore into it to do a pump. but if gm will do it for nuttin, go for it.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
This probably wasn't your problem but about a week or two ago I had no oil pressure at all. I got in and started it up and the no oil pressure light comes on. So I call a local GM dealer since it's under warrenty. Not the one I bought it from though. I told him I had no oil pressure and what can he do? He said bring it in and we'll look at it. I said I'm about 40 miles away. "I have no oil pressure!" I said can you come get it? He said that's not a driveability issue! I said what? That's crazy! You want me to drive this truck with no oil pressure 40 miles away and hope it doesn't lock up? :nono: He said just drive it for a little while and then check the oil. I said look man it can have a pan full of oil and still have no oil pressure and still lock up. Anyway he was a dumbass! :flame: :ninja:

So I called the GM dealer I bought it from like I should have to begin with. I really didn't want the dealership to come get it. I really don't trust somebody coming to get my truck! I wanted a friend of mine, also a member here too, who owns a garage with a rollback to take it for me. So I called them and she was nice as nice can be. No problem you can get whoever you want to bring it. GM will pay for it. Just don't drive it she said. They even let him bring something back that I could drive. So they fix it and I was thinking the whole time it was prolly just the oil sending unit. It turned out to be the oil filter. I've never heard of that but my dad said it can happen but it's rare sometimes. Anybody ever hear of this? And I also ended up having to pay for it too cause they didn't change the oil or put the oil filter on there. Which is true and I can't blame em on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts