GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother got a new/used truck and it has an old Maaco paint job, on 90% it has clear coat and needs to be buffed up a bit. Theres i believe one panel that doesnt look like the clear is still there. How do i go about detailing it? I want to help him out with it as much as possible.

Heres some pics to see if that will help.

Is it a lost cause? I dont want to ruin my new pads if its not even worth it.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
leave as is. :imo would look sick laid out with that paint.

·
Registered
314 Posts
thats a sweet old truck, it will look good slammed! Hows the condition of the wood in the bed?

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
Fuck it give er shit and see what happens, I highly doubt you will make it worse, a pad's what 9 bucks? LOL...who cares if you wreck it, it's your lil bro for shits sakes, make it nice and shiny and tell him he owes you a few pads for your time.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
use your old pads....or if you really wanted to, go at it at first by hand to clean/clear it up a bit. The hop on it with the good pads.

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm mid way through it, I gotta say I'm amazed how nice it looks right now. Completely stunned. I have pics that ill post when I'm done

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I'm mid way through it, I gotta say I'm amazed how nice it looks right now. Completely stunned. I have pics that ill post when I'm done
:popcorn:

I got to polish my white mustang when I get the new tranny in it and back on the road. It is oxidized all to hell...

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Pics....then chat... you know better Sam

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was taking a break at the time. All done, uploading the pics now. It looks like a whole different truck :imo

as soon as these finish uploading ill post them :thumbsup:

·
[b]Not Prostreet[/b]
2,541 Posts
Ive heard Migliore does wonders... Should give it a try as well... :crazy: :kiss:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts