GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know there are quite a few guys here running leveling kits and 33s and some trimming.... but i haven't been able to find any good pics of what you guys trimmed to fit them and how close the tires come when the wheel is turned.

I have 20x9 wheels with +18mm offset and 305/55/20 Mickey Thompson ATZs sitting in my garage right now. The damn things measure a full 33.5" and are wide as hell....

Needless to say, im going to trim. Im hoping some of you guys have pics that'll give me a good starting point for when i get home from work tomorrow :shake:

·
SnatchMaster 2000
446 Posts
IMG_2060.gif

IMG_2057.gif

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^exactly what i was looking for. thanks man.

Im guessing you cut that metal and then rolled it back a little, and then cut the plastic liner? (looks similar to how i did it on my 05... but i took A LOT off of that)

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
i trimmed the back the same as lama, the front i cut off about half of it, then angled the air dam

·
GMC OWNER
97 Posts
He has a nnbs not a nbs that's in the sticky. You won't need to cut that much to clear 33's just bend the lip up a little and screw the plastic back to it:thumbsup:

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has a nnbs not a nbs that's in the sticky. You won't need to cut that much to clear 33's just bend the lip up a little and screw the plastic back to it:thumbsup:
Exactly, I trimmed my nbs like shown in the sticky but I thought there was another way that nnbs guys were doing it.

So instead of cutting that section off it can be bent up? Got any pics of that?

If I was planning on wheeling/flexing I'd probably cut like the sticky, but only flexing this truck see's is the steep grade to get in my driveway.

·
SnatchMaster 2000
446 Posts
Exactly, I trimmed my nbs like shown in the sticky but I thought there was another way that nnbs guys were doing it.

If I was planning on wheeling/flexing I'd probably cut like the sticky, but only flexing this truck see's is the steep grade to get in my driveway.
Can't bend it. Chop it like a nice ribeye steak and cover it with A-1 sauce after your done. Mmmmmmmm.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I know that, I too have a NNBS and I trimmed mine just like the sticky depicts.

Nope...go pull the clips and fold back the fenderliner and you'll see...its just like the previous style.

get your sawzall out and get to work.

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, ended up trimming like the sticky. Ran out of sunlight though so im going to have to remember to do a good job of covering all the exposed edges.. i sprayed it really quick with some black enamel.... but my trucks white so i had to be very careful. I'll probably get some stuff to brush on..

33s003.gif

33s004.gif

trim001.gif

trim002.gif

Denali2.gif

And DONE

ATZs002.jpg

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
those new wheels look mucho better

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Looks good Matt! Nice job!!!

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I've been wanting this setup for a looong time.

JB, these tires are a huge 33. If I turn and flex I'm sure I can get them to rub. I might trim some more of the plastic back some if it rubs getting in/out of my driveway

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
I trimmed exactly like you did and I don't rub at full lock, only time it does is only for a second if I come into a driveway or something too fast, other than that its perfect. Truck looks awesome! :thumbsup:

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,294 Posts
Best looking truck Denalli I have ever seen!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts