GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going on a 09 2WD Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I'm fairly new to all this, but I've done some research and this is what I think I want. This is my daily driver and will probably never leave the pavement. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

09Silverado.jpg

5" Rough Country Suspension Lift

http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension/2wd-chevy/1500_5.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Part #5328) 33X12.50R20 MT Baja ATZs

http://mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaATZRadial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Part #286-2988C) 20X9 Ultra Predator 6's +30 Offset

http://www.ultrawheel.com/pdf/rims/ACF1BFD.pdf

predator.jpg

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
The Rough Country kits are pretty nice. We sell a lot of them, let me know if you want a price on one (we offer a gmfs discount). The ATZs are also real nice tires, but I have never personally installed those wheels. I like the looks of them though!

·
Boss
83 Posts
Like the wheels but I think black would look amazing with that color IMO... I used to have a lifted 2 wheel drive and it was alright, but you might want to look into an electric locker for it, for those times you do get a bit stuck

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,314 Posts
Shoot for around 5" backspacing, I run 4.5" backspace(-12mm on 9" wide rim) which is perfect for me, it sticks out a little(see pics on here) and gives me more of a deeper "dish/lip".

On a 9" wide rim, 0mm offset will give you 5" of backspace.

Don't go more than +25mm(6" backspace), with that much backspacing you have to worry about the larger tire rubbing on the suspension parts, even with 5.5"(+12ish) you might run into rubbing on the inside. And you will have almost no lip on the wheel, which looks horrible, IMO.

Also check with RC and see what backspacing they recommend with that kit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Per the install instructions. With a 20" wheel backspacing should be a max of 6.0" and a min of 5.5".

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
I'd go for tires other than the ATZ's, they seemed to wear awfully fast on my mom's H2. Got some Nitto Terra Grapplers on there now and they are awesome.

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
Got ATZ's good mileage, good balance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I've got a headache from looking at so many pictures.

After researching more today, I'm gonna try to run a 20x9 with somewhere between 4.5" backspace(-12mm offset) to 5.0" backspace(0mm offset). Now I just got to find a wheel I like that fits in that category.

I've had several people steering me toward the Toyo Open Country MT 33x12.50R20.

To much stuff to choose from...

·
Fire Red
127 Posts
This is going on a 09 2WD Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I'm fairly new to all this, but I've done some research and this is what I think I want. This is my daily driver and will probably never leave the pavement. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

i have a 09 GMC 2wd, and the lift install should start this weekend. Bought the Zone lift( looks super good, and you just cant beat the price). Its a 6.5" and i'm going with 35's. Also my daily driver

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
If you are going with 20's we recommend 5.75" of backspace with our 6.5" lift. If you want them to stick out further 5" is ok. As far as the ATZ's, we have ran the 35's on some company vehicles for about 40-50K miles and they probably were not rotated as often as they would have been on a personal vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts