GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I bought a pyro and a boost gauge for my truck. They are Autometer Nexus gauges, prety slick. I wired them all up and I have a problem. My boost gauge works perfect, but the pyro doesn't work unless I immediately turn my truck over (which I can't because I usually have to wait for the glow plugs to warm up unless my truck is already warm (Diesel)). I don't really understand the malfunction here? How can one work perfectly and the other not. Btw the gauges are full sweep electric and have a certain starting sequence that cannot be inturrupted by the engine cranking over (it was a bitch to find a 12volt wire that was hot while cranking because most of the electronics are shut off to prevent a power surge) yep that all I really know any other question just ask. Any help would greatly be appreciated

:shake:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
it the wire hot 100% of the time the key is on or is it only hot when you crank and when its running
sounds like it's not hot when the glowplugs are on

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno wiring it was wierd, i needed 12 volts constant with the key turned on, and 12 volts while cranking and it cannot be inturrupted. Im thinking I somehow messed up on the wire with the engine cranking. I looked at wiring diagrams for my truck and the only wire I could find was pink. Is there any place I should start checking for my wiring to be correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts