GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know specifically what color powdercoat this is? I think its bad ass.
DSC00184.gif

DSC00183.gif

DSC00192.gif

DSC00189.gif

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im pretty sure its not ceramic coated...i had that on my last truck

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the guy lives in so cal, so he doesnt see much off road i guess, and really if you air down and have some driving skills you can go anywhere in 2wd. i think zuby actually goes to pismo without a front drive shaft even

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Yeah and I'm known for gettin stuck that way because I try to go everywhere lol. I got comp down in 2wd plenty of times now

Oh and that color looks like sparkle silver to me. By far the best silver powdercoat color I have ever seen

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
yeah and what a waste to have the a 2wd lifted truck in that form. if your going to lift a 2wd at least do like a pre runner kit.
Holy-not-relevant-to-the-topic Batman!! :wtf:

I'll be sure to let my brother know you think his old truck was a waste :pow:

Sandaddiction - I'll see if he remembers, but I think it was just a standard silver powdercoat color... nothing special.

·
Registered
573 Posts
im not saying that i didnt like the setup. yeah i know its a very nice looking truck . and i guess if thats all your going for then theres your perfect setup. i was just saying that a 2wd prerunner is more practical.
i know you can go almost anywhere in 2wd in pismo and the dunes and stuff i know because i hardly ever put it in 4wd unless i cant make it a hill in 2wd. damn you guys take everything to the ass.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah and I'm known for gettin stuck that way because I try to go everywhere lol. I got comp down in 2wd plenty of times now

Oh and that color looks like sparkle silver to me. By far the best silver powdercoat color I have ever seen

what's the name of that dark red powdercoat on your suspension lift?

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
im not saying that i didnt like the setup. yeah i know its a very nice looking truck . and i guess if thats all your going for then theres your perfect setup. i was just saying that a 2wd prerunner is more practical.
i know you can go almost anywhere in 2wd in pismo and the dunes and stuff i know because i hardly ever put it in 4wd unless i cant make it a hill in 2wd. damn you guys take everything to the ass.
Theres nothing practical about a truck rolling 20" rims on 40" tires... practicality isn't the reason everyone owns/builds/modifies/buys a vehicle. For fuck sake... I drive a 400hp midsized 2wd SUV w/ suede interior... my commute to work is less than 5 miles... does that sound practical to you? :think:

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
yeah why not? its only five minute drive you dont need a fuel efficient car for that amount of time.
I also don't need 400hp to do it... I could ride a fuckin bike, that would be practical. The point is practicality isn't the reason to modify a truck to the extent my brother did... theres nothing practical about having to climb into a truck... if he wanted practical he would've left it close to stock ride height.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts