GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a question...is it possible to powdercoat only some areas of a wheel and leave some areas polished? will the heat from baking mess up the polished finished?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Yes you can, make sure the shop you take it to will do it though. If it's polished, don't worry about it. I'd ask your shop first if it were chromed.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
ituck22s said:
ok so i got a question...is it possible to powdercoat only some areas of a wheel and leave some areas polished? will the heat from baking mess up the polished finished?
The areas not to be powdercoated will have to be masked off, I'm sure they use a special masking that can take the baking process.

I have a powdercoating system from Eastwood and an old stove to bake in, so the parts have to be able to fit in the stove. I've done most of the front suspension for my '55 Chevy Pickup

Powder just going in

Powder starting to flow out

Powder all done

·
Registered
820 Posts
Bcubed that's awesome I didn't know they had smaller systems for you home garage. The pars came out nice. What does a set up like that run? Where can i get one?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Just make sure the oven you use isn't the home one...lol. The powercoating system needs a dedicated oven...no food cooking afterwards.

Cameron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts