GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2005 Crew
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some esky power fold mirrors and the dealership doesn't have a clue on how to make them fold. I told them that the BCM had to be reprogrammed and they still didn't have a clue if it would work. Three different dealerships were clueless. I figured that someone on here would know what i needed to do.

·
Registered
376 Posts
put the top part in the middle and then move the bigger button to the left or to the right. But I think you need the button that belongs to the mirrors. I really dont know. All I know is how to make them fold cause I have to show customers when I try and get a sale. :shake:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
just hold down the right side for a sec and it closes. tap the left and open right back up. perfect for drive throughs

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
The driver and passenger door control modules need to be reprogramed for accessory package DL3. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes tops, my dealer charged me around $30 for this when I added power folding mirrors to my dad's 05 Tahoe. The regular switch works fine, just set the switch to choose sides in the middle, and then press the right side of the adjusting button to fold them in, and the left side to fold them out. Hope this helps :D:D

·
2005 Crew
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That didn't work. That is what i think i need programmed.

Perfect that is what I was looking for!
Thanks Mauro!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
The driver and passenger door control modules need to be reprogramed for accessory package DL3. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes tops, my dealer charged me around $30 for this when I added power folding mirrors to my dad's 05 Tahoe. The regular switch works fine, just set the switch to choose sides in the middle, and then press the right side of the adjusting button to fold them in, and the left side to fold them out. Hope this helps :D:D
When you say "regular switch" do you mean the same switch that adjusts the mirror/glass? I have an '05 Sierra with factory electric mirrors but no signals, folding or puddle. If I find a set of mirrors with all of the above all I need to do is have the stealership prog my PCM with the DL3 package to activate the folding?

·
OG
1,498 Posts
You're the man Mauro!
I tried upgrading my mirrors to power folding, swapped them and then figured out I needed the reprogram

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
When you say "regular switch" do you mean the same switch that adjusts the mirror/glass? I have an '05 Sierra with factory electric mirrors but no signals, folding or puddle. If I find a set of mirrors with all of the above all I need to do is have the stealership prog my PCM with the DL3 package to activate the folding?
Yup, thats it! I got the mirrors for my dad's on Ebay for under $200 for the pair.

Thanks Mauro!
You're the man Mauro!
No problem guys :D:D

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
when I want to fold my mirrors in, all I do is reach out and pull them towards me... works great! :LOL:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
You need both the mirrors and the switch along with the reprogram.
You don't need the switch unless you just want the cute light in the middle of the switch that lights up when the top switch is in the middle....

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
:read: thats what i did. go to a small town stealership, they are usually nicer. i got quotes of 25-150 dollars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts