GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my drivers side power seat on a 95 gmc ext cab.The power seat motor works but but seat wont move front or back it just grinds.I have tried to pull the(not sure what to call it)seat gear box.But I cant even fiquire out how to get it out.any seat experts out there to help me?

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone know how to get the gear box out?what it is really called?or maybe a part#.Have been looking at just replacing the seats but the are just way too $$$$ for me right now.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 99redsilv try that and see if works on mine too,mine is all the way back,it works for me but my wife is short and cant drive it like it is.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
benhiers said:
it works for me but my wife is short and cant drive it like it is.
Haha, same thing here....mine works very rarely, I'm trying to find a used one on Ebay and just replace it....:(

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good luck on ebay man,I have been looking ever since I got my truck.havent went to dealer yet to check.Im about scared to even ask dealer about.cant seem to find any info on stock gm seats online.

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
i had the same problem but on NBS seats. i yanked the motor out of its weak plastic mount, turned out one of the cables going to the slider was frozen. i twisted it and both sliders started sliding. not sure if OBS seats work like this.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have checked the cables,they are ok,sounds likes gears grinding when I try to move seat.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well went to dealer today,and what do you a old friend is working in parts there now.There is not a part number for gear box,because you cant buy it you have to buy the whole seat riser,my cost was just under 300.00,can get a manual seat riser for about 50.00,might be what I do,can I just replace my power seat base with a manual one?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
benhiers said:
well went to dealer today,and what do you a old friend is working in parts there now.There is not a part number for gear box,because you cant buy it you have to buy the whole seat riser,my cost was just under 300.00,can get a manual seat riser for about 50.00,might be what I do,can I just replace my power seat base with a manual one?
I'm almost positive you can, on my old 96 2door 2wd Tahoe it came with a manual riser and I converted it to a power one since I'm tall, I needed to be able to lower the seat....its just 4 bolts to the seat and then the 4 bolts to the cab....good luck, I'm gonna hold out luck at the junkyard or ebay :D:D

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea still looking here too,but they are hard to find,been looking in junk yards ,no luck at all around here.good luck man.it just sucks you cant buy the gearbox only

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
benhiers said:
yea still looking here too,but they are hard to find,been looking in junk yards ,no luck at all around here.good luck man.it just sucks you cant buy the gearbox only
Yeah, I even told my wife to get a phonebook and sit on that till I get it fixed....:D:D

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol yea my wife keeps a big pillow in the back so she can put it in the seat when she has to drive it.but atleast I dont have to readjust my seat after she drives it :haha:

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good matt,I went to several junk yards today all I could find was 60/40's and benches.but will keep looking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts