GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 and i have a friend that just totaled his 05 LT Crew cab, he offered me his front seats, they are the powered heated leather, my question is will these work in my truck that doesn't have power seats right now? what about the heated part is that an easy hook to make look factory? I'm also getting his center console and dash trim.

thanks for the help guys

John.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
take the wiring harness tooo, i dont know if you'll already be wired for power seats or not.

better safe then sorry.

what color is the interior? if charcoal, i might want them.
does he have the LED mirrors too?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they are charcoal they are going in my truck sorry, just curious on how to power them up ha ha, i will be getting the harness as well, i know that it did have the LED mirrors, but he has a lot of people already buying parts off it, ill ask him and if they are available and ill pm you if they are.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
thanks.

um....if i was you....take everything...always to the door sills...and if you can find where it gets closer to the fuse box then take it from there..

how many wires are on it? if anything just run it to a place in your fuse box and the switch on the side of the seat should do the work..dunno anything bout the heated part...but i figured that'd be in the seat too if not then wire it up to work on a toggle switch and put it on side of the seat
that's what i'd do...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You can do it.....after you take out the seats and unplug them, just pull the wires that come out of the holes in the carpet to connect the seat out through the drivers side. Under the drivers seat theres an airbag module and the harness plugs into a connecter that comes off of it, and theres also a ground you have to disconnect from the harness. Then, take off the kick panel and open the box thats on the floor behind the emergency brake pedal below the pcm and there you will see where the 2 wire harness plugs in (the wires are red and black). Just unplug it and plug it in your truck in the same place. You will also need the relay from the other fuse box that is silver for the power seats to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts