GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had pretty good luck on this forum so far so I'll try again.Here's what I've got now,when I turn the wheel to the left while moving the pump groans like it's low in fluid,no it is'nt,but wont do it turning to the right.It wont make a sound while sitting still no matter how fast I try to turn the wheel only when the truck is moving.It's a 99 e/c 4x4 with 144000kms,about 86500m,and I first noticed this when I made a sharp left turn a while back and thought low fluid so I checked and it was fine,no mettalic flakes in the oil or unusual smells.Anyone else experience this?I've had a 99 and an 02 reg/cab and never had anything like this but neither one had this many miles on them either.Thanks. :rocking:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hmmm. Does it do it at full lock or all the time? Is there any chance water could have gotten into the system? I'm just throwing out ideas here...

·
Registered
476 Posts
bluestreak5.3 said:
I've had pretty good luck on this forum so far so I'll try again.Here's what I've got now,when I turn the wheel to the left while moving the pump groans like it's low in fluid,no it is'nt,but wont do it turning to the right.It wont make a sound while sitting still no matter how fast I try to turn the wheel only when the truck is moving.It's a 99 e/c 4x4 with 144000kms,about 86500m,and I first noticed this when I made a sharp left turn a while back and thought low fluid so I checked and it was fine,no mettalic flakes in the oil or unusual smells.Anyone else experience this?I've had a 99 and an 02 reg/cab and never had anything like this but neither one had this many miles on them either.Thanks. :rocking:
My 00 with 82,000 does the same exact thing. It actually just started doing it all of the time within the last week. Does anybody know how hard it is to pull the pump? I am going to replace it very soon as it sounds like a harpooned whale when it's running.

LK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts