GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 OBS ECSB and my driver side window went from working to not. It worked on a 2 1/2 hour drive to Fresno, after sitting for 2 days it no longer works. The passenger side works. From these observations does anybody have any idea? I would think the motor would slow down before it quit, so maybe connections? Also does each window/lock combo (each side) have its own fuse, or do they operate on the same one?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
well mines a nbs but try this.

Take your door panel off and find the motor. Hit the switch and see if it clicks. If so its just jammed up. Pull the window off of the trac (just loosen the clamps and lift the window out) and then remove the entire power window assembly. Take the cover off the motor and knock out all of the plastic grinding and shit. This helped mine and my friends work again. The coord that moves teh trac also gets bound up sometimes.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So open it up and check for jamb or filings an stuff or maybe even burnt out motor. My friend had an '89 Bronco and his windows quit. All he did was replce the wire brushes on the motor($2) and they worked fine. Where can I find replacement brushes if thats the case?

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, does anybody know if autozone will have a door panel pulling tool, the ones that unhook the clips in the back cuz my Haynes manual says I need one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts