GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can yall tell me y my dam window motor seems to be going out? its an 04 sierra with like 55k on it. and like ive seen this in other trucks also. the other day i was rollin it up and it slowly quit i rolled it down and back up and and slowly went all the way up. what the hell is the problem? noticed it on alot of gm's elecetric windows.
thanks

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Probably the regulator. It's a lovely cable system that likes to break and/or rust. I don't think it's real common for the motor itself to fail.

·
Registered
303 Posts
just replace the window regulator. The part is under $100 and it takes less than an hour to do. It was actually the first time I ever worked on a truck or any vehicle and it took me about 2 hours to do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had the same problem on my 02. I replaced the regulator on the passenger side because as stated above it was rusty and the wire began to fray and that was all she wrote. Currently my drivers side motor no longer works and I am getting ready to replace it. Personally I didn't mind rolling the windows up and down in cars without power windows. Yeah they are nice, but wow do they go bad often-

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Before you do that try using silicone on the inner door strips that hold the window. it fixed it for me.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
Probably the regulator. It's a lovely cable system that likes to break and/or rust. I don't think it's real common for the motor itself to fail.
:word:

same is happening to my truck currently. my brothers 99 had the same problem as well as my buddy's 00. we replaced the motor/regulator in about 20 minutes from removing the door panel to having it back on. its really simple. helps if you have someone to help hold the glass:imo i see them going on ebay for around $60

1 - 7 of 7 Posts