GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got my NBS truck and for those of you with a TBS...i know performance wise its a waste but is it worth it for the sound??? or does it just get annoying after awhile cuz when i hear a truck with one i think its cool but maybe they get tired of it as time goes by

·
Registered
46 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
Well i just got my NBS truck and for those of you with a TBS...i know performance wise its a waste but is it worth it for the sound??? or does it just get annoying after awhile cuz when i hear a truck with one i think its cool but maybe they get tired of it as time goes by
half my customers claim they see a small increase in power. the other half say its a waste of money or dont like the sound of it.

just get a louder exhaust and the sound goes away.

:head:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, yah i dumped my exhaust last night and went for a spin, sounds good. im thinkin ill buy one and if i like it then ill keep it...if not ill sell it to my buddy cuz he wants one too. my only problem is that i want a volant intake and i hear it takes some mods to fit a poweraide on there with it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
haha, yah i dumped my exhaust last night and went for a spin, sounds good. im thinkin ill buy one and if i like it then ill keep it...if not ill sell it to my buddy cuz he wants one too. my only problem is that i want a volant intake and i hear it takes some mods to fit a poweraide on there with it
volant is one of the best out there. not sure what kind of truck you have but typically with a TBS, your intake tube will push up against the fan shroud. There are 2 things you can do if you want to keep the intake and TBS, notch the fan shroud (dont get rid of it as it helps with cooling) or some people cut about 1 inch off the TB end of the intake tube.

PM me if you want some prices. I offer discount to members!

good luck!

:head:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i drive a 2002 reg cab 4.8...its the truck on my sig. Yah i experienced fan shroud problems with my lifted 96 when i put a body lift on. i had to fab up some spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts