GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much HP does the Sierra 5.3L have stock.. ? and am I going to expect some big gains from this supercharger..? Is it actually worth the money? Anyone's input is worth my time.. I'd hate to throw $3000 on a supercharger without some info first from you guys.. Thanx!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Which year? If its a 99-02 its got 285 hp 325 tq stock, if its 03+ its 295 hp and 335 tq.

I'm not sure about the exact differences between superchargers, but they generally give very good gains and are excellent power for the money.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
w/ that charger your looking at more mid-high end power... w/ something like the RADIX your looking at power throughout the powerband..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2001 GMC Sierra ..I just was gonna buy the powerdyne supercharger but, I wanna know if I'll be able to feel and see a significant difference with the supercharger.. cause thats alot of money.. its either a supercharger or.. Paint job.. both cost around the same.. and whats RADIX?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Its a differrent brand/type of supercharger, theres quite a few... magnacharger, radix, powerdyne, whipple etc. Its a supercharger...you WILL feel a difference. But, I'd be more inclined to go with the whipple...I like low end torque...l

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah! I like Low-end too.. How much horse will I be gaining..? I also have 22 inch rims .. I need the low end.. and straight duals back.. I lost all my low end.. :nono:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Introwheels has a magnacharger and now has 22's, maybe he'll chime in here..

his sig..

2003 Silverado RCSB | 5.3L V-8 | Magnacharger's intercooled polished Radix Supercharger | JBA titanium ceramic-coated headers | JBA blue ignition wires | JBA Evol catback performance exhaust | 4300k True HID headlights | Silverado SS front fascia with clear lights and Street Scene 'Speed Grilles' and Cal-Vu mirrors | FBSS fastbag setup w/6-linked rear layin frame front and back | 22x8.5 and 22x10 Intro Matrix 6 (full polish) | 265/35/22 and 295/30/22 Pirelli tires | 430 rwhp and 445 rwtq.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
the RADIX is made by MagnaCharger and is intercooled as well...

the person to talk to this about is BlownChevy aka Brian.. he owns Project R and installs RADIX's on vehicles all the time.

Project R is one of the vendors on this site, check out his thread on the main page and ask him anything... he will give an honest straight up answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts