GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed A Powertrax No-slip in there truck? or what other type of locker would you recommend , i know theres the Detriot locker and a Eaton.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why do you want just a limited slip? Besides I thout all NBS 2WD chevys came with limited slip, right? I was told that they come with limited slip an that I should change it out to a posi-trac locker. Whats the real deal on all this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i know my truck has an open diff because i been stuck and with only one tire spinning, and Jeff are you talking about the No-slip or the lock right cause i have heard the lock right was junk but haven't heard to much on the no slip

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
97Sierra said:
well i know my truck has an open diff because i been stuck and with only one tire spinning, and Jeff are you talking about the No-slip or the lock right cause i have heard the lock right was junk but haven't heard to much on the no slip
both :read: every gear expert i have talked to says both are total crap. and i can see why, using the stock carrier is a half ass way to do it.

get an Eaton or Auburn, they are both strong, good lsd's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts