GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I helped Dirt Mafia move down to SLO in Cali last week. While we were down there, one of his new roommates told us we had to go check out some trails just north of Pismo. We did, and loved it. We didn't really hit any of the wheeling trails, just cruised around. Shit was pretty cool for being around that area.

Getting out to the trails

Pozo6-3-09011.jpg

cruising through the hills

Pozo6-3-09012.jpg

Pozo6-3-09015.jpg

Pozo6-3-09017.jpg

Pozo6-3-09019.jpg

This was a black diamond trial. We dont know what on the other side but heard it's pretty bad ass. Not IFS friendly by any means.

Pozo6-3-09021.jpg

Pozo6-3-09022.jpg

Trails for bike everywhere

Pozo6-3-09025.jpg

Taylors truck

Pozo6-3-09028.jpg

Pozo6-3-09032.jpg

Pozo6-3-09033.jpg

We drove about 40 miles through these roads going about 10 miles an hour max. There were river crossings and random fallen trees on the path

Pozo6-3-09037.jpg

and then suddenly came up on these BEASTS

Pozo6-3-09040.jpg

Pozo6-3-09042.jpg

Pozo6-3-09043.jpg

They were easily 6.5'ft tall. Fucking HUGE. Their balls had to be the side of basketballs...easily. Everyone was too chicken shit to get out of the truck to stand next to them.

We kept driving on that road and happened to see a random house with their own personal mx track.

Pozo6-3-09044.jpg

We're not sure how the house was built or anything because the roads were too tight for trucks to fit through.

Ended up popping out next to Lake Lopez i believe it was called

Pozo6-3-09045.jpg

and into the town of Edna which is solely wineries

Pozo6-3-09050.jpg

Pozo6-3-09051.jpg

4.5 hours later, that was the end of our adventure.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I really wish there was trails like that round here. I would kill for some trails, that aren't even hardcore, just something I could cruise down, with lots of scenery.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
looks like a sweet place

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really wish there was trails like that round here. I would kill for some trails, that aren't even hardcore, just something I could cruise down, with lots of scenery.
Word. Very very beautiful place. You can shoot any gun as long as you are 100ft off the trails as well. Being out there for 4.5 Hours we did NOT hear another vehicle or any other noise besides Taylors truck. Very peaceful out there. Plenty of campsites too

Looks like fun. My GF parents live near there, I gotta check it out sometime
Let us know. I used to cruise down to Hollister Hills all the time but was very limited to what I could do. I would much rather spend another 30 minutes driving to hit this place up.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
x2!

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
You would have had a field day. I thought of you when I had my shitty camera out taking pics:crazy:
I would have been like alright guys, leave me a gallon of water, a couple protein bars and come pick me up at night fall. Because I would have been outside shooting all day long!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
:head2: Awesome!

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Looks like a blast. Get a tent bring a grill, some steaks, and beer and drive 1 hr in make a turn go another 1hr and setup camp near a river.

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Nice, local for me... I used to ride dirt bikes out there years ago... We are going to a cabin in Pozo in a few weeks for a party, never thought about shooting. I guess I need to pull my AR-15 out and take it along !

Jason

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like a blast. Get a tent bring a grill, some steaks, and beer and drive 1 hr in make a turn go another 1hr and setup camp near a river.
:head3:

Nice, local for me... I used to ride dirt bikes out there years ago... We are going to a cabin in Pozo in a few weeks for a party, never thought about shooting. I guess I need to pull my AR-15 out and take it along !

Jason
Ride down in Turkey Flats? Pretty sick setup. One our Taylors roommates brings out his AR-15 as well....does some pretty sick damage.

Personal mx track FTMFW.
word :read:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
that place looks awesome.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Those are good looking bulls. I wish we kept ours long enough for them to get that big. We usually sell them when they are a year/two years old.:( We do have one Angus that is ~4 and is about that size and a few Herefords that are about 3yrs.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
where's that at?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those are good looking bulls. I wish we kept ours long enough for them to get that big. We usually sell them when they are a year/two years old.:( We do have one Angus that is ~4 and is about that size and a few Herefords that are about 3yrs.
Jesus. They were fucking HUGE

where's that at?
25 minutes North of Pismo or like 15 minutes north of SLO. It's also great for people with 2wd that want to hit up trails. When it's dry, just about anything can get through.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts