GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i sold a friends predator on ebay a few days ago, and while i was on there i saw the same year programmer that i had just sold for $250 on there for $50. I read the description and the seller said that he knew nothing about the thing and he had bought it at an auction for dirt cheap and just wanted to get rid of it. I knew in my mind that i was taking a risk to buy it, but it was spend $50 to make a possible $250, and if it was vin locked i would just return it and get my money back from the seller. So i did it, i bought it. Just got it the other day, hooked it up to my PCM in my room with my benchtop harness and it ended up to be vin locked. I e-mailed the seller, he refunded my money cause he felt bad. I told him that if it's vin locked and he had no idea what vehicle it came off of that, which he didn't it was a private auction, that it was a worthless piece of plastic. He just told me today to throw it away if i hadn't shipped it back yet. Now, i have a predator programmer worth $0 as is, but if i could get it unlocked it's worth $250 and i got it for free basically. After a little research it seems as though diablo will unlock it, but i think you have to be the original owner, and i would have that proof. What would you guys do in this situation, it's worth it to try and find out if there is a way to unlock it, cause it's worth the money if i could. Let me know what you guys think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts