GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas, my truck is making some weird noises and I'm hoping someone could give me some insight on what my problem might be.

To start, I've got a 2007 nnbs cc. I bought it with 90k and what I believe to be a general 2in top strut spacer and the suspension was silent. The truck never looked fully level to me so I added a 1in bottom spacer. Now with 97k I've noticed every single bump it makes really high pitches squeaks. I've had a truck with shot balljoints and the noises were no where near the same so I've almost ruled out a BJ problem. Countless times I've gotten under the truck and messed around but couldn't figure out anything, the only thing that I saw is a torn cv boot and a torn tie rod end boot (Yes I know they need to be replaced and will be soon). Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you tried throwing some wd-40 on any specific areas and taking it out for a spin? till you find out what quiets down after spraying it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
WD-40 is not a go thing to be spraying on your front end. It will make any rubber down there dry rot. My truck does the same exact thing. I've just learned to live with it because every time I get rid of the squeak it comes back in a month or two.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
white lithium grease

1 - 6 of 6 Posts