GMC Truck Forum banner

Prerunner

3K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  axisT6 
#1 ·
I have been going with a street truck vibe on my truck but I recently decided to go the other direction and build a truck like this.
how much lift do y'all think I should do 3-1? Also tire size suggestions. I was looking at some 32x10.50 because I dont want a really wide tire. And no I'm not running long travel suspension yet just lift to make it look the part.

Sent from my pickup

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
:roflmao: in for the stupidity

#6 ·
i can help you there lol

true dual straights with 5inch tips slash cut of course.
highscool special
He literally made a thread about pissing his boss off with loud exhaust. Worst part, he's a pizza delivery driver

OP, if you actually go through with this, do it right. Buy a legit kit.

#7 ·
doubt he can afford it being a pizza delivery guy

#9 ·
#10 ·
Are you 16? Just need some fiberglass and a stretched leveling kit with cut bedsides and a lightbar and boom, you're instantly picking up junior chicks. Brorunners need to find $$ for a real kit.

#12 ·
he is distilling hand sanatizer again

#13 ·
Anyways, you're gonna get alot of shit for having a prerunner in Eastern Oklahoma.

#14 ·
Yes I'm in high school, 17. I do drink on occasion. I want to make it look like that because I think it's cool. There is no need to be hateful. Yes I wanted loud exhaust to piss my boss off. Oh well. Now is anyone going to be helpful or not. As soon as I can afford long travel (after making it look like a prerunner) I am.

Sent from my pickup

#16 ·
Yes I'm in high school, 17. I do drink on occasion. I want to make it look like that because I think it's cool. There is no need to be hateful. Yes I wanted loud exhaust to piss my boss off. Oh well. Now is anyone going to be helpful or not. As soon as I can afford long travel (after making it look like a prerunner) I am.

Sent from my pickup
Stop pissing your boss off, shitty job or not it's still a reference and if you were a good employee at a shitty job that will look that much better when you apply for one you want.

Bust ass, save up and at least do a mid travel kit

#18 ·
Control arms, heim steering, bastard(read on what leafs to use to make a custom pack) leaf packs, good shocks will at least get you running with Raptors and it still won't be "cheap" but much less than a true LT kit and you wouldn't be a total flamer for glass fenders

#23 ·
I don't work there anymore anyways

And what kind of kit can I get cheap to convert the front to some kind of travel mid/long

Sent from my pickup
Ok and what do I need to look for. Longer control arms? And what kind of shocks. Shirley there is something cheaper than fox shocks

Sent from my pickup
First, stop looking for the cheap option. Going cheap never works well in the long run. What you save in initial costs you more then spend on maintenance, broken parts, lost driveability, etc.. It is worth while to save your money and get good parts.

As for the second post I quoted, noone here is going to spoon feed you. There are VAST amounts of information on the internet covering this learn to research. Not only will this help you in finding good facts to base your decision on, you newly developed research skills will help you in college....if you are going.

#24 ·
Are you 16? Brorunners need to find $$ for a real kit.
Cuz at 19 you were able to build the truck in your sig with your own money and wrench skills?

:troll3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.